Caffeine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caffeine

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raiding Etiquette & Behaviour. *Warning: Wall of Text*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tomoe
Tomoe

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Raiding Etiquette & Behaviour.  *Warning: Wall of Text* Empty
PostSubject: Raiding Etiquette & Behaviour. *Warning: Wall of Text*   Raiding Etiquette & Behaviour.  *Warning: Wall of Text* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:09 am

Disclaimer: This is not intended to be directed at anyone in particular. The server was down and I'm bored Crying or Very sad

Regardless of what guild you're in, what class you are or how much experience you have, these are general things to watch out for. Before I got into regular raids, I've experimented with different groups, guilds and accepted random invitations, even pugged raids more than a few times. Here's some of my observations. All of these have been made into 'spoiler' topics because they're rather lengthy and they'll pretty much just show up as a wall of text Razz Don't say I didn't warn you~ Please make NO assumptions on what players or guilds I may or may not be referring to here. If you're already observing things like this, give yourself a pat on the back. If you disagree or have anything to add, please feel free to reply.

Don't

General
Spoiler:

Loot
Spoiler:

Specifics for DPS / Healers / Tanks
Spoiler:

Do

General
Spoiler:

Specifics for DPS / Healers / Tanks
Spoiler:

In Conclusion ...
These are often the reasons why people don't get invited to raids. Even if you are guilty of one or more of these things, acknowledge it and take responsibility for it. Word *will* travel. Contrary to belief, people can and will be replaced. Many players would rather invite an undergeared noob than deal with people with attitude.

Regardless of what you're there for, once you're saved to a raid you might as well make the best of it. Any problems you have should be directed at the raid leader or at least someone with authority. If you have a suggestion, feel free to mention it. If you are uncomfortable or unable to do what is asked of you, it's better to let someone know or ask for clarification. Everyone has been a noob at one point or another. If these people are your friends, they should have no problems with helping you out.

If you are the raid leader, you are given the power to tell people what to do, decide who gets loot, and how things are done. On the other hand, you are also to answer for the repair bills, time and whatever else people invest into the run. You are also trusted to be mature and responsible enough to use those powers accordingly. Even if people are under your leadership, they are individuals, and should be given proper respect. If someone was completely useless, why did you invite them in the first place? Since they're here for a reason, least you can do is be civil to them.

If you are attending a raid, you are expected to cooperate with whatever strategy the raid leader asks of you. If you have something else to offer the raid, speak up. If you think you can do a better job at leading, speak up, take the leadership and prove it.

If anyone needs reasons and/or specific examples of why I listed any of the above guidelines, feel free to contact me in-game. Posting names here makes it slander. Talking about it in-game makes it hearsay =)
Back to top Go down

Raiding Etiquette & Behaviour. *Warning: Wall of Text*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Caffeine :: Guild-
Jump to: